Electrical fire closes popular soul food eatery

By CRA News Service

Fire broke out in a popular soul food restaurant Thursday morning and thanks to an alert fireman, it was quickly brought under control.

The electrical fire at Donnie’s Place restaurant, 60 NW 5th Ave., caused heavy smoke damage in the building.

Shortly before 4 a.m., the fireman, an EMS supervisor, returned to the fire station after responding to another call and smelled smoke, said Capt. Curtis Jepsen of Delray Beach Fire Rescue.

When he drove next door to the restaurant, he found the fire and the fire detector alarm was going off.

The fire appears to be accidental and no arson is suspected, Jepsen said.

The restaurant will be closed until further notice.

Advertisements

About Pedro Heizer

I'm a person of simple taste, all I need is some country music, Batman, Star Wars, sports, coffee, and most importantly Jesus Christ, because what profits a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul? View all posts by Pedro Heizer

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: